- November 12, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Announcements, News, Related News
Summary of Hackathon :
Ministry of Public Telecommunications, in collaboration with UNDP, is hosting a Hackathon from November 25 – 30, 2019 toward providing critical Public Service solutions for the ICT Access and eServices for Hinterland Poor and Remote Communities (HPRC) project through design, prototyping and testing ideas with real customers.
The Contractor shall provide the following services:
Fully operational versions of their solutions which will be deployed for public use
Winners of this Hackathon will be offered the opportunity to implement fully operational versions of their solutions that will be deployed for public use.
Participating teams must consist of 3 to 5 persons. Age range is 18-40.
- Teams must own the copyright or have expressed permission (in writing) to all pictures, sounds and assets used in the creation of the submission. All software used must be licensed copies. Participants accept liability for any copyright infringement.
- The winning team should be available to complete the implementation after being awarded
- Teams must apply under a group name, and subsequently list the names, identify a team leader.
- Details of the individuals within that group should be provided on the registration form.
- The Event organizers will not be responsible for the division of awards among team members. Prizes will be handed over to the group leader as identified on the registration form.
- Complete authorization (signed) of all documents by taking part in the competition you warrant that all information submitted is true, current and complete at the time of submission. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your details and email address are accurate, and that MoPT is informed of any changes to these.
- The Submission should not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark, patent or intellectual property or property related rights.
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- All members must participate. During the last 48 hour period from Friday – Saturday, November 29-30, 2019
- At least one member of each team must always be present working on their solution. At no time can a full team take a break all at the same time during the last 48 hour period of the competition. Food, Drinks and Caffeine will be provided during the
– What to submit: CV of team members, copy of qualifications and signed copy of expression of interest.
When to submit: Forms and statements of qualification must be delivered to the address below by Sunday November 17, 2019
– Other relevant details as applicable
Individual/companies will be selected in accordance with the procedure set out in the by the ICT Access & e-Services Project.
The expression of interest does not entail any commitment on the part of MoPT ICT Access & e-Services Project and UNDP, either financial or otherwise. MoPT ICT Access & e-Services Project reserve the right to accept or reject any or all expression of interest without incurring any obligation to inform the affected applicant/s of the grounds.