The Ministry of Public Telecommunications has a mandate to create an enabling environment for the growth of ICT for national advancement. The MoPT will use Hackathons as a means of showcasing talent to potential employers and investors.
RULES & CRITERIA
- Participating teams must consist of 2-4 persons per team.
- Teams must own the copyright or have expressed permission (in writing) to all pictures, sounds and assets used in the creation of the submission. All software used must be licensed copies. Participants accept liability for any copyright infringement.
- Teams must apply under a group name, and subsequently list the names, identify a team leader and details of the individuals within that group on the registration form. The Event organizers will not be responsible for the division of prizes among team members. Prizes will be handed over to the group leader as identified on the registration form.
- Complete authorization (signed) of all documents by taking part in the competition you warrant that all information submitted is true, current and complete at the time of submission. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your details and email address are accurate, and that MoPT is informed of any changes to these.
- By participating in this Competition, the applicant agrees to release the MoPT, their sponsors, advertising and promotions agencies, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents and employees, harmless from any and all liability whatsoever from any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participating in or in connection with the Competition.
- The Submission should not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark, patent or intellectual property or property related rights.
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- All members must participate. During the 48 hour period at least one member of each team must be present working on their solution. At no time can a full team take a break all at the same time during the competition. Food, Drinks, Caffeine and Energiser will be provided during the competition.
The selection process will be administered by a highly qualified panel of Judges from Government, Private Sector and Academia. These judges will review team presentations with reference to judging criteria and determine, in its sole discretion, the winning teams by 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
- Usefulness / Practicality
- Business Potential
- UI/UX Design / Functionality
- Ability to present/pitch your creation
|Usefulness / Practicality Relevance of the application||15|
|Business Potential Functionality, navigation and orientation||25|
|Ability to present/pitch your creation||25|
|Delivery and Market Scalability||15|
|Total Possible Score||100|
The following is the timeline of the events
|Nov 17, 2017||10:00 hrs||Launch of the Hackathon @ Pegasus Hotel|
|Nov 17, 2017||10:30 hrs||Q&A Session with Participating Teams (Optional)|
|Nov 17, 2017||11:00 – 11:59||Assignment of required solution to participants|
|Nov 17, 2017||12:00 noon||Hackathon Begins|
|Nov 19, 2017||12:00 noon||Hackathon Concludes|
|Nov 19, 2017||13:00 – 17:00||Presentation and Judging of Solutions|
|Nov 19, 2017||19:00 hrs||Awarding of Prizes and Closing Event|
To be decided by MoPT
Guaranteed to be challenging. Know your stuff!!! Have a good team.
All applications must be submitted on or before November 16, 2017. However, it should be noted that applications will be processed on a first come first served basis, with the first twelve (12) teams selected.
Cash Prizes will be given to the teams placing 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
1st Prize – $300,000 GYD
2ND Prize – $200,000 GYD
3RD Prize – $150,000 GYD