PURPOSE: To ensure that the objectives, outputs, and targets of the project, as detailed in the project document, are met.
REPORTS TO: Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Public Telecommunications
- The project’s Annual Work Plan (AWP) and quarterly plans.
- Project progress reports and the project final report.
- Drafting TORs for key inputs (i.e. personnel, training, and procurement)
RANGE OF ACTIVITIES:
- Overseeing implementation of all AWP activities and use of resources by applying appropriate technical and quality strategies and standards and initiating corrective actions as necessary.
- Develop and establish change control and configuration management processes.
- Prepare and update the communication plan and protocol.
- Assume direct responsibility for managing the project budget.
- Provide overall supervision and/or coordination of vendors’ and clients’ work to ensure the realisation of the expected outputs.
- Supervise the work of all PMU staff and consultants working for the project.
- Ensure that all agreements with vendors and clients (i.e. government agencies and communities) are prepared, negotiated and approved.
- Ensure that implementing clients mobilise and deliver the outputs in accordance with their letters of agreement.
- Ensure timely updating, and effective planning, tracking, reporting and evaluation in accordance with proposed schedule, cost and quality parameters and policies/procedures of the GoG, GRIF, and UNDP in accordance with the Project Document.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree in Project Management, Public Administration, Development Studies, Public Policy, Economics or other related relevant disciplines.
- At least ten (10) years working experience as a Project Manager or Supervisor on development projects.
- Extensive experience in the public administration.
- Experience and knowledge of the public service management system of Guyana.
- Experience working with international funding agencies/partners.
DECISION-MAKING, PROBLEM SOLVING AND IMPACT ON RESULTS
- Providing technical advice to project beneficiaries, reviewing technical reports and monitoring technical activities carried out by responsible parties.
- Supporting the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Public Telecommunications in the planning, organization, development and follow-up of the Project Board meetings to align the institutions’ actions, resolve bottlenecks and problems, and manage potential risks in implementation.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: Responsible for managing relationships and documents.
COMMUNICATIONS: The job holder communicates with senior officers and subordinates within the organization. He/she is also expected to communicate with officers in external organizations.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a fulltime appointment that requires extensive travel, especially to hinterland regions and out-of-Georgetown locations.
Applications comprising a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Project Manager/Finance Specialist/Procurement Specialist for ICT Access and eServices for Hinterland, Poor and Remote Communities Project no later than 20th September 2018.
Printed Applications must be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Public Telecommunications
205 Camp Street, North Cummingsburg
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.