REPORTS TO: The Project Manager
PURPOSE: Adopt a strategic approach to the procurement of goods, works and services required for the successful implementation of this project in accordance with the project document and letter of agreement (LoA).
RANGE OF ACTIVITIES:
- Prepare Request for Quotation, Request for Proposal, Invitation to Bid and liaising with required authorities for their publication.
- Finalise specifications and terms of references as needed.
- Ensuring proper record keeping for procurement processes.
- Prepare progress reports on procurements and other assigned duties.
- Develope and maintaining a computerized procurement registry and tracking system containing vendor and bid information.
- Conducting follow-up with relevant entities to ensure speedy and timely completion of contracting process.
- Prepare all bidding documents/requests for proposals and associated contracts using UNDP’s established contract templates with accompanying terms and conditions.
- Conducting pre-bid conferences and providing clarifications to bidders as required.
- Collaborate with Project Manager to ensure that supply of goods/works/services adhere to supplier agreements and contracts, and reporting non-conformances.
- Collaborate with Project Manager to manage contracts through contract completion.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: Responsible for managing relationships and documents
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Postgraduate academic qualification in Procurement Management, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Law, or any other relevant discipline.
- CIPS Level 3 qualifications will be a distinct advantage.
- At least five (5) years of progressive experience in the procurement and tendering process.
- Extensive knowledge of contract management and commercial awareness along with the ability to manage risks.
- Knowledge of GoG and international financial institutions’ procurement rules and procedures.
DECISION-MAKING, PROBLEM SOLVING AND IMPACT ON RESULTS
- Facilitating procurement evaluation processes, participating on evaluation committees, and ensuring timely conclusion of evaluation processes.
- Complying with the relevant Government of Guyana policies, procedures and regulations for project management staff and public officers.
COMMUNICATIONS: The job holder communicates with senior officers and subordinates within the organization. He/she is also expected to communicate with officers in external organizations.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a fulltime appointment that may requires travel, especially to hinterland regions and out-of-Georgetown locations.
Applications comprising a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae, should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject: Project Manager/Finance Specialist/Procurement Specialist for ICT Access and eServices for Hinterland, Poor and Remote Communities Project no later than 20th September 2018.
Printed Applications must be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Public Telecommunications
205 Camp Street, North Cummingsburg
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.