PURPOSE: To plan and implement natural Information and Communication Technology (ICT) plans and programmes.
REPORTS TO: Director, Industry and Innovation Unit
- Planned Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Policy.
- Reviewed legislative (ICT) policies.
- Detailed reports on projects.
- Prepared information to support cabinet submissions.
RANGE OF ACTIVITIES:
- To plan and coordinate streamlining Information and Communication Technology (ICT) policies into planned initiatives and activities.
- To develop a scope of work and goals for the steps in the planning process.
- To organise relevant surveys from time to time and assist the Director, Industry and Innovation Unit in the provision of data for the Ministry’s budget preparation.
- To conduct internal monitoring and evaluation assessment to ensure the success of the (ICT) activities.
- To review the legislative aspects of the (ICT) policies for references and inputs.
- To provide management with detailed reports of all projects developed by the unit.
- To participate in shareholders planning sessions in the region.
- To perform any other related duties for the smooth functioning of the Ministry.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Management, Business Management, Economics or a Computer-related discipline from a recognised Institution.
- PLUS two (2) years working experience in Planning.
- Diploma in Public Management, Business Management, Economics or a Computer-related discipline from a recognised Institution.
- PLUS four (4) years working experience in Planning.
DECISION MAKING, PROBLEM SOLVING AND IMPACT ON RESULTS:
- Initiative is required in recommending policy options to the Director and other senior policy makers in the Ministry.
The incumbent must provide timely and accurate advise on priority areas for manpower needs, project
planning/appraisal, internet, monitoring and evaluation.
COMMUNICATIONS: The job holder communicates with the Director, Industry and Innovation Unit, senior officers and subordinates within the organization. He/she is also expected to communicate with officers in external organizations.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal working conditions
Application with Curriculum Vitae should be submitted before close of business on Wednesday, April 3, 2019 to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Public Telecommunications
205 Camp St, North Cummingsburg
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.