REPORTS TO: Director, Industry and Innovation Unit
PURPOSE: To manage the logistics operation activities of the unit.
- Rectified problems such as damages, shortages and non-conformance to specification.
- Adhere to shipping/receiving and regulatory compliance procedures.
- Prepared accurate and timely logistics reports.
- Quality services.
RANGE OF ACTIVITIES:
- To prepare and utilise logistics technology information for efficiency in the unit.
- To prepare logistic plans and activities to support the operations of the unit and to ensure established deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- To ensure quality of all services and processes in the unit.
- To receive products and coordinate the delivery of same.
- To ensure premises, assets, and communication ways are used effectively and comply with laws, regulations and standards.
- To complete documentation such as pick lists, bills of lading, work orders and shipping orders using computer based technology.
- To perform any other related duties for the smooth functioning of the agency.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: Responsible for managing relationships and documents.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Public Management, Business Administration or Information
Technology and Data Management from a recognized University.
- Two (2) years experience in logistics management.
- Diploma in Business Management, Public Management, Business Administration or Information Technology and
Data Management from a recognized University
- Four (4) years experience in logistics management.
DECISION-MAKING, PROBLEM SOLVING AND IMPACT ON RESULTS
- Initiative is required in recommending policy options to the Director and other senior policy makers. He/she must provide time and accurate advise on priority areas for manpower needs, project planning/appraisal, internet, monitoring and evaluation.
COMMUNICATIONS: The job holder communicates with senior officers and subordinates within the organization. He/she is also expected to communicate with officers in external organizations.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a full-time appointment that may requires travel, especially to hinterland regions and out-of-Georgetown locations.
Send Application with Curriculum Vitae on or before Wednesday April 3rd, 2019 to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Public Telecommunications
205 Camp Street, North Cummingsburg
Or by email to: email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.