Director Industry and Innovation (ICT)
PURPOSE: Responsible for the implementation of the Government of Guyana’s directives related to digitization of all Ministries and Agencies.
REPORTS TO: Permanent Secretary.
- Develop good working relationships within the Department, dispensing sound advice and maintaining harmony.
- Preparing departmental budgets and work programmes.
- Maintain schedule for regular training of staff.
RANGE OF ACTIVITIES:
- Advise the Permanent Secretary on all matters regarding digitization projects within the government structure.
- Lead a team of highly skilled, cross-functional staff and and local projects, aiming always for accuracy and timely completion.
- Manage the installation, optimization, testing and provisioning of Ethernet equipment in an optical fiber network in keeping with approved engineering design.
- Liaise with senior officers of Network Operations Centre for the final testing and passing of newly installed infrastructure, e.g. validation of alarm monitoring on the Network Management System (NMS)/ network switch protection.
- Plan and oversee the execution of site surveys in near and remote locations to ensure quality installation of fiber optic cables (aerial and buried), racks, and power plants.
- Manage the labeling and tagging of all deployed infrastructure according to Network Engineering diagrams.
- Create a database for storage and retrieval of all installation data for integration of information and accessibility across all ministries and agencies.
- Prepare the annual work programme of the department, direct and supervise its execution to achieve all objectives.
- Provide technical and professional guidance to the staff and ensure high levels of efficiency.
- To perform any other duties necessary for the smooth functioning of the department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Management, Public Administration, Project Management or Information Management from a recognised University.
- Three (3) years experience working in ICT projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Management, Public Administration, Project Management Information Management from a recognised University
- Five (5) years experience working in ICT projects
PROBLEM SOLVING AND IMPACT:
- Initiative is required for recommending policy options to senior policy makers in the Ministry. The incumbent must provide timely and accurate advice on priority areas, e.g. manpower needs, project planning, appraisals, Internet monitoring and evaluation
- The incumbent communicates with the Permanent Secretary, Senior officers and subordinate staff within the organisation. He/she is also expected to communicate with officers in external organisations
Submit Application with Curriculum Vitae before close of business on Wednesday, April 3, 2019 to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Public Telecommunications
205 Camp St, North Cummingsburg
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.