ICT Outreach Officer
PURPOSE: To supervise the preparation of MoPT’s education/training schedules after thorough Needs Assessments, and to ensure consistency and effectiveness.
REPORTS TO: Director, Industry and Innovation Unit
- Conceptualize and design ICT training curricula, workshops and other training deliverables in keeping with industry needs, and ensuring community involvement.
- Prepare annual budget estimates for annual Work Programmes.
- Monitor delivery of training programmes to determine their effectiveness.
- Conduct field assessments and institute/recommend adjustments for maximum impact.
- Advise on priority manpower needs, project planning and evaluation.
RANGE OF ACTIVITIES:
- Develop of Information Technology related curriculum.
- Monitor and disseminate information to the director and ensure community involvement regarding the delivery of education through monthly meetings.
- Assist in conducting surveys in relation to educational resources in order to ensure the maximum utilization within the educational district.
- To perform any other related duties for the smooth functioning of the Ministry.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related disciplinary along with five (5) to eight (8) years’ experience in Training and curriculum development..
- Experience with Information Technology and Project Management would be a plus.
- Initiative is required in recommending policy options to the Director and other senior policy makers in the Ministry.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: Responsible for managing work , staff engagements and unit documentation.
COMMUNICATIONS: The job holder communicates with senior officers and subordinates within the organization. He/she is also expected to communicate with officers in external organizations.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal working conditions. May be required to travel out of town.