DRIVER - ICT Access & e-Services for Hinterland, Poor & Remote Communities Project
REPORTS TO: Project Coordinator.
PURPOSE: To provide critical support in the form of transportation to a small but dynamic project team.
- Maintain an up to date vehicle logbook.
- Ensure the vehicle is in proper working order at all times and especially before going on each assignment.
- Transport personnel and goods as assigned by the Project Coordinator in the most cost and time efficient manner.
- Ensure the vehicle is kept clean and tidy at all times.
RANGE OF ACTIVITIES:
- Transport staff and identified personnel safely to and from destinations as authorised by the Project Coordinator.
- Log all trips in the assigned drivers’ logbook.
- Conduct basic mechanical checks on assigned vehicle daily including, radiator coolant levels, windscreen washer water levels, oil dipstick levels, battery water levels (if non maintenance free) and tire pressure levels.
- Inspect assigned vehicle for any physical damage before and after driving during shift and report any damage immediately to the Project Coordinator.
- Perform any other related duties and responsibilities for the smooth functioning of the Project.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A complete secondary education;
- A valid driver’s licence and thorough knowledge of the traffic regulations;
- A minimum of five (5) years driving experience;
- Extensive experience in driving to hinterland locations and driving in rough and difficult terrain and all-weather conditions;
- Experience in driving a bus.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: Responsible for managing relationships and equipment.
COMMUNICATIONS: Regular oral communications with the following post holders:
- Project Coordinator
- Finance Specialist
- Procurement Specialist
- Members of staff of NDMA
WORKING CONDITIONS: Will be required to work outside of normal working hours depending on the transportation requirements of the Project and the NDMA.