REPORTS TO: The Project Manager of the PMU / The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Public Telecommunications.
PURPOSE: To devise, support, and monitor the financial mechanism of the project.
RANGE OF ACTIVITIES:
- Financial planning and budgeting of project resources, including but not limited to preparation of the yearly and quarterly budget and financial plans and cash flow projections.
- Establish sound budgeting, financial and cash management processes and systems, and making and communicating decisions about ongoing budget adjustments in relation to the Annual Work Plan (AWP), including revision to AWP as required.
- Facilitate assurance activities, including UNDP’s spot check and audits.
- Manage and monitoring income (disbursements from UNDP) and project expenditures by the PMU.
- Promote adherence to standards of service and providing overall direction regarding financial management practices.
- Manage and maintaining asset and inventory records for the project; and • Executing other financial/administrative task as required to ensure the efficient and timely execution of the activities of the PMU.
- Process financial transactions in a timely manner and ensuring all supporting documentation to validate transactions are maintained on file.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: Responsible for managing relationships and documents
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Financial Management or Accounting OR
- Recognised Professional Accounting designation (ACCA or equivalent).
- At least five (5) years working experience as a project accountant in the Public Sector or on IFI projects.
- Demonstrable proficiency with a recognized accounting software.
DECISION-MAKING, PROBLEM SOLVING AND IMPACT ON RESULTS
- Interpreting and advising on existing UNDP financial policies and the relative applicability.
- Complying with the relevant Government of Guyana policies, procedures and regulations for project management staff and public officers.
COMMUNICATIONS: The job holder communicates with senior officers and subordinates within the organization. He/she is also expected to communicate with officers in external organizations.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a fulltime appointment that may requires travel, especially to hinterland regions and out-of-Georgetown locations.
Applications comprising a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Project Manager/Finance Specialist/Procurement Specialist for ICT Access and eServices for Hinterland, Poor and Remote Communities Project no later than 20th September 2018.
Printed Applications must be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Public Telecommunications
205 Camp Street, North Cummingsburg
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.